Book Name – The Battle of Panchavati and Other Stories from Indian Scriptures
Writer – Divya Narain Upadhyaya
Edition – Kindle
Short Summary -: This book ‘The battle of Panchavati & other stories’ is a collection of 7 different stories from hindu mythology. They all shared the stories related to different people’s. Most of thems are related to God & some are old stories which we use to hear from our mother/grandmother. The 7 chapters are –
(I)- The Cosmic Dance
(II)- The Eight son
(III)- The Battle of Panchavati
(IV)- The killing of keechak
(VI)- The curse of Draupadi
Things I liked -:
1. Each chapter start with a image related to the story inside & also end with a moral & glossary related to the chapter. Which is interesting & also it made the book easy to understand.
2. The stories are well illustrated & also author has given his own modern touch in the story which will make you feel connected with the story.
3. The narration is smooth & fast paced.
4. The language used in the book is also simple & easy to understand & even after having classic mythology stories, author has used the most simple words to illustrate the story which I really liked.
Things I didn’t like -:
1. The cover of the book is not attractive at all.
Verdict -: Overall it’s a beautiful & amazing book. Author has used these classic storis in a perfect way to make a book like this. The book is perfectly illustrated. And it make it fun to read & the language make it easy to understand. I really enjoyed the book. Definitely recommended.
Rating -: 4.5 🌟